Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is headed by an effective Board of Directors that offers strategic guidance and leadership to the Authority. The Board is accountable to the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development and ensures compliance with the CMA Act Cap 84.
The Board has delegated the day to day operations of the Authority to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who works hand in hand with the management team. The roles of Chairperson and CEO are separate. The CEO is responsible for directing the affairs of the Authority, and ensuring that the duties, objectives and functions of the Authority are discharged.
The Board comprises the Chairperson, the CEO, and ten other members from the public, private and professional sectors. The Board members have experience and expertise in legal, financial, business and administrative matters. The various sub-sectors recommend names to the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, who then appoints each board member. Every member appointed to the Board holds office for a period of five years and is eligible for re-appointment.
The following are the members of the CMA Board for the period October 2017 to October 2022;
- Ms. Jacqueline Kobusingye Opondo - Represents Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (Board Chairperson)
- Ms. Josselyn Kateeba - Represents Uganda Manufacturers Association
- Ms. Irene Lugayizi - Represents the Solicitor General
- Mr. Joseph Enyimu - Represents the PSST, Ministry of Finance, Planning & Econ. Dev'pt
- Mr. Steven Mulema - Represents the Governor, Bank of Uganda
- Mr. Bemanya Twebaze - Registrar General
- Mr. Fabian Kasi - Represents Uganda Bankers Association
- Mr. Saul Sseremba - Represents the Insurance Training Institute of Uganda
- Mr. Donald Nyakairu - Represents Uganda National Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Mr. Nelson Nerima - Represents Uganda Law Society
- Mr. Keith Kalyegira - CEO